I made my first venture to Sound Fix yesterday. I don't know why I hadn't been there earlier; truth be told though, I don't venture into Brooklyn that often. It's silly, because I live right by the L and because I'm trying to move there in May.
Anyway, while at Sound Fix, I bought Black Moth Super Rainbow + The Octopus Project's The House of Apples and Eyeballs.
This is what the record looks like:
The spattered paint is incredible and I've never seen a record like that before. It was quite the surprise actually.
Awhile back in my Music Business class, we were discussing who pays for music and if so, in what form. When discussing vinyl, most people who continue to buy it said that it wasn't only just for the sound quality, but for the artistic quality and physicality of the record itself. I don't currently own a turntable, but I will say that buy vinyl for both reasons. However, it's always nice when you find out that the record itself is more decorative and more like a piece of art than a standard black record.
And for that, I appreciate the record so much more.

No comments:
Post a Comment