I absolutely love Wes Anderson. Unlike most Anderson fans I know, The Royal Tenenbaums is not my favorite film of his. Mine's Rushmore. However, that's neither here nor there.
I visited the Tenenbaum house today, which is located at 339 Convent Ave., right off of W. 144th. It was wonderful and probably as close as I will ever get to Wes Anderson or any star of the film for that matter.
From the outside, the house was gorgeous, and so were the surrounding brownstones. I did not get to see what the inside of the house looked like, as it was locked and vacant because it had a building permit on one of the outside doors with a description of the work that is to be done on the house. From one of the windows I was able to make out some living room furniture, but it didn't look like any from the film. I was slightly disappointed that I had no access to the roof, as all I really wanted to do was shout "Go Mordecai!", but perhaps it was for the best, as not to publicly embarrass myself.
Instead, I spent my time milling about the outside and sitting on the glorious stoop.

No comments:
Post a Comment