Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This Dance Will Last Us Forever

Cut Copy is one of my favorite bands. In Ghost Colours is a fantastic album and is without a doubt one of my Favorite Albums of 2008. In fact, it's still in heavy rotation on my iPod and iTunes. Anyway, Cut Copy played 2 shows here in NYC, on Sunday and Monday night, but both of them sold out before I could get a ticket which was slightly disappointing, but I got over it since I've seen them twice before. I will say that Cut Copy puts on a great show and a respectful, yet fun dance party.

Yesterday afternoon, members from Cut Copy and The Presets did a DJ set at the Apple store on W 14th. It was fun, but strange since not many people showed up for the set. No one was up for dancing and it was a bit awkward just standing around the Apple store trying to not get in the way of the employees assisting customers. The DJ set only lasted for an hour and while some people were in and out, I stayed for the entire time. My choosing to do so resulted in getting put on the guest list for their after party  and getting a bunch of other free stuff as well. All in all, I think that turned out to be a pretty good tradeoff for not being able to go to the shows at Webster Hall.

(@ SXSW 2008)

Oh Modular, I love you so.

No comments: