I spent Thanksgiving in Redbank, New Jersey where most of my relatives live. It was definitely a change from the more formal Thanksgiving I'm used to back home.
I had my first Tofurky ever. To be honest, I thought it was pretty good. Of course, I was just excited to have a Thanksgiving that was veggie friendly, as one of my cousins is vegan.
For the first time in my life I actually had a good time in New Jersey. I'm not one of those New Yorkers that has an irrational hatred towards that state, but it's just that every time I've been there, it has been one of the worst experiences of my life. Of course, I was only there for a little over 24 hours this time and most of that was spent indoors.
Then again, when I spend my time watching Arrested Development, talking about Jens Lekman, browsing for records, and getting Indian bunch, I'm enjoying myself no matter where I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment