Wolf Parade is hands down one of my favorite bands. Out of their many side projects, which are all fantastic in their own way, Handsome Furs is definitely my favorite.
Face Control, an album I have been extremely excited for, recently leaked on the Internet and I can't stop listening to it. I love Plague Park, but I'm starting to prefer Face Control over it. It has a more layered feel and both the vocals and instruments (especially that drum machine!) are more powerful. Not only that, but the tracks flow together more evenly and I just think that it's a stronger album overall. Also, the fact that the album was inspired from their trip to Russia is incredible, because I have this strange obsession with Russia and things pertaining to it. Don't even getting me started on Matryoshkas. Oh and I can't forget the New Order reference they threw in there either.
I saw Handsome Furs last year at SXSW, but unfortunately their set was cut short due to time restraints. I didn't get to enjoy their set as much as I would have liked, as I was overcome with waves of nausea from a Thai dinner, and when that wasn't happening, I was too busy staring at Hadji who was rocking out by the side of the stage, or embarrassing myself in front of Britt Daniel. So needless to say, I want to see them again. I know they've announced a handful of tourdates, but no NYC one yet. I'm sure in a matter of time one will be announced. Or I hope so.
Until then, I will be waiting patiently and longing for a drum machine.

No comments:
Post a Comment