Tuesday, January 20, 2009

안녕하세요 (Hello) from Korea

I have safely arrived in South Korea. I left at 7 A.M on the 19th and arrived at 6:30 P.M. on the 20th. 

The flight from NYC to San Francisco went by fast, as I was asleep for most of it. I suppose staying up all night was responsible for that. However, the flight from San Francisco to Seoul was, well, slightly difficult. I'm not very patient and didn't enjoy sitting for 12 hours straight, however I managed to entertain myself by watching Son of Rambow on repeat. When I wasn't doing that, I was sleeping in 20 minute intervals.

I have no idea of what's going on here. I am so confused. I suppose that is because the only Korean word I know is "Annyong" and that's only because of Arrested Development. Kat still has to teach half days for the rest of this week, so I'm on my own until noon or 1. I feel like leaving her apartment will result in my getting lost. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to attempt such a feat. 

1 comment:

DJ Twist said...

hai!

that was meant to be racist. anywho, its the future for you in s.k. but for me it is your past and in that past it is 5 fucking am. i cant sleep and i have the longest day ...today... and i want to blow my brains out.

i hope you are having loads of fun in the creepy east. im sorry, something about the 'orient' scares the shit out of me. it doesnt help that hyunjoo loves the weirdest asian films.

anywayz...love you and cant wait to see you in march...im already in desperate need of a vacay. call me when you're back in town so i can catch you up on the horror that is my life.