One thing I recently acquired over this past holiday season was Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition. The amount of times I watch this show from start to finish is sickening. In fact, I just finished doing that again.
I first started watching the show towards the end of this past spring, as one of my friends owned the box set, and she was kind enough to lend it to me. I was hooked immediately.
Everything about the show; the writing, acting, cinematography, and music, is just brilliant. It's unfortunate that the quality of the show declined midway through the second season, where the story lines became more outrageous and more special guests were featured. After watching the special features and commentary, it's just so sad to hear and see what happened to the series.
There's just so much that I wish was expanded upon and explained more in depth. I hate how the series ended. At least David Lynch went out in a blaze of glory.
Despite all that, I will still continue to watch the series obsessively. And yes, I want to go to the Twin Peaks Fest at some point.

No comments:
Post a Comment