Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Daily Show "Showdown"

Well, I'm officially in love with Jon Stewart.


I was in the audience for The Daily Show earlier this afternoon/evening. The guest was Jim Cramer, who has been in a bit of a feud with Jon Stewart. The interview was basically the entire show, except for a bit in the beginning with a few jokes and a segment from Samantha Bee (which is going to be cut and used at another time). I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get tickets for yesterday's show, as Paul Rudd and Lewis Black were both on. Perhaps another time. 

There was a comedy warm-up before the show began and there was also a brief Q & A with Jon Stewart. The questions people asked him weren't the best, but Jon Stewart's responses made up for it with his wit and self-deprecating humor. 

Being a part of a television audience was definitely interesting and it definitely has made me appreciate the show even more. 

I am definitely going to try and get tickets again. 

Edit: Apparently photos and clips from the show have already leaked. It makes me a bit peeved, but at the same time I know that the interview between Stewart and Cramer was a highly publicized one. At the same time though, couldn't other bloggers and those who leaked information hold out until 11? Come on now.

No comments: