Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Handsome Furs and Glass Candy

This past weekend was a double header of facemelting music goodness.

On Friday was the Handsome Furs at Mercury Lounge. We showed up when Iran had started and honestly, they were something I would have been fine missing. Handsome Furs made up for the horror that was Iran, even though they didn't even play for an hour. I don't care, I love them so much. And they are freaking adorable. My only complaint is that they didn't play "What We Had" and I was hoping they would, as they didn't play that song when I went to the Sub Pop Showcase at SXSW last year. 




Saturday was the Italians do it better party at the the disgrace which is (le) Poisson Rouge. We arrived at midnight, but didn't get let in the venue until after 1, causing us to miss just about all of Nite Jewel's set. Glass Candy made up for that disappointment with their energy, giveaways, and the dance party that ensued. On Sunday, I stumbled upon B/E/A/T/B/O/X in Soundfix. Obviously I bought it. I still need to work on getting a turntable though.




All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. 

No comments: