I must have been living under a rock since I was completely unaware of what would result from the increase in MTA fares.
I knew that it was going to happen, but I didn't know when or what the details were. Today though, I noticed a sign describing in detail the increases, while coincidently, riding the subway.
On the 25th, supposedly base fare will be $2.50 (currently $2) and a monthly pass will be $103 (currently $81). ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I'm moving to Brooklyn after I'm kicked out of the horrendous school housing I currently live in, so I'm going to need to purchase a monthly pass in order to commute to school and work. I'm going to have to live in a crack den or cardboard box now.
This is disgusting and I want to throw up.
I guess it's just another thing to add to the list of many other things that make me angry about living in NYC.

No comments:
Post a Comment